We’ve made it to Thanksgiving week - which always seems to mark something in the semester. This is a weird week - both because its the holiday (although, Wednesday is not a holiday, so there is class), and that we’re in the midst of [Design Challenge 2: A Visualization Project (Hard Vis Problems)](/assigns/dc2/).
The topic this week is graphs (as in the “networks” kind). It’s a big topic that we will just touch on. We’ll have a lecture on Monday, and an in-class exercise (with a lecture component) on Wednesday. There is the usual reading and discussion. We’ll allow Seek and Find 12 : Graphs (due Mon, Nov 29) to be after the holiday, and cancel the weekly survey (so there is nothing due on the holiday - you are welcome to do things before the holiday).
We have moved the DC2 deadlines to wednesdays: DC2 Phase 2: Proposal (Design Exercise 9) (due Wed, Nov 24) and DC2 Phase 3: Formulation (Design Exercise 10).
- The Week in Vis: Week 12
- Class: Graphs (Mon, Nov 22)
- Class: Graphs Exercise (Wed, Nov 24)
- Readings 12: Graphs
- DC2 Phase 2 (Canvas Wed, Nov 24)
- Online Discussion 12 (due Wed, Nov 24)
- Seek and Find 12 (due Mon, Nov 29)
- End of Week Survey 12 - CANCELLED (due Fri, Nov 26)
- DC2 Phase 3 (Canvas Fri, Dec 3)