If you are just getting started, the most important things to know:
- If you haven’t read What Is This Class and Why? page you should.
- Understand the Communications policy to know what there is beyond this web page.
- There are required Class Meetings (Lectures).
- There are some non-standard Requirements, but you don’t need to buy Books.
- Look over the class Policies, in particular understand the The Weekly Rhythm of the class.
- Understand the different Parts of Class.
- Take some time to set up Canvas
- Look at the Schedule to get a sense of what will happen this semester (at least what is scheduled so far).
- And then look at The Week in Vis: Week 01: Getting Started to see what’s happening the first week!
The course web has a lot of stuff on it. It is organized for reference while the class is operating, not necessarily to give you a linear sequence of things to read when you are first getting started.
- Read through the important parts of this class web (above).
- Understand the Communications policy, and have a sense of the other Policies.
- Understand the Parts of Class and the weekly The Weekly Rhythm, although the first week is non-standard.
- Be set up with the Requirements, which includes art supplies.
- Be ready to attend the Class Meetings (Lectures).
- Set up your Canvas profile and notifications notifications. See Tips on Using Canvas
Because class starts on Wednesday, the first week will not follow the usual patterns.