Follow-up on the Programming Puzzle

by Mike Gleicher on October 14, 2015

in News

I wasn’t so clear in class, so let me be more explicit about the expectations.

Just because we’ve discussed the puzzle in class doesn’t mean your done with it!

You can update your solution: if you didn’t get it before class, hopefully based on the class discussion and seeing other answers you’ll be able to get it. If you had a solution, maybe you can make it better. I’d prefer that you update your solution (post it as a reply to your original) than delete your old one.

You are still required to go back to the assignment (after making your initial post). Look at some other assignments and compare them to your own. Give some feedback to your classmates. Say something more than “it works”. While there are no “explicit” minimums, if everyone comments on 3-4 other programs, you’ll learn (by seeing what others do), and everyone will get a reasonable amount of feedback.

For the next puzzle, i’ll be more explicit in the instructions.

Also: I promised to post my solutions – I will post my answer to each of the 4 sub-groups. You are welcome to see how I did it, but be sure to look at others. Mine is quick and sloppy. Others I saw are much better.

The next puzzle will be coming soon. (well, as soon as I can think of something – it’s hard to come up with assignment ideas).

Previous post:

Next post: