The course staff is available to provide help!
Getting Help Online
For most administrative questions, the answer is probably online. Notice that there is a search box on the top of the course web pages (look at the top right of this page).
See Consulting Hours
If you cannot come to consulting hours, you can schedule a meeting with course staff. Use the Appointment Scheduling Form. You may request a specific member of the course staff, or anyone available.
Professor Gleicher holds office hours. See his home page (Gleicher's Home Page for the current schedule. From time to time, special hours for class will be announced (usually as a Canvas Annpincement).
Note: please try to use consulting hours. If you need one-on-one help, we can use a breakout room. The course staff has limited availability outside of consulting hours, and we may not be able to provide you with an immediate appointment. If you request an individual appointment, it might take some time for us to get back to you.
Below are a variety of technology support resources available to you. (provided by L&S)
- DoIT Help Desk: The Help Desk provides free tech support and troubleshooting help with your computing needs by phone (608.264.4357), email (email@example.com), chat (https://helpdesk.wisc.edu/chat) or in-person at 1210 W. Dayton Street.
- Download WiscVPN: A VPN is a “virtual private network”. WiscVPN allows you to access University resources without being on campus, and provides an extra layer of security. See how to connect to the WiscVPN.
- Learning Online with Technology: Tips from UW-Madison on learning online this semester.
- Tips for Virtual Learning: A collection of resources and concrete strategies to set yourself up for success.
- UW KnowledgeBase:earch here for help documents for university-supported software, tools, and processes.
Student Wellness Support
Below are a variety of support resources available across the UW - Madison campus. (list provided by L&S)
- Center for Leadership and Involvement
- Dean of Students Office: Crisis Loans
- Dean of Students Office: Report an Incident
- Office of Student Financial Aid
- The Open Seat - UW Student Food Pantry
- Student Jobs
- University Health Services: Medical Services
- University Health Services: Mental Health
- University Recreation and Wellbeing